1. Holden Caulfield - for so many reasons! You gotta love a character that readily admits to being a terrible liar and a sex maniac. Also, I want to bring back the word phony just for Holden's sake.
2. Victoria Jones - her background in the foster system and subsequent communication difficulties make you root for Victoria throughout the novel!
3. Todd Hewitt from the Chaos Walking Trilogy - such a pure heart and what a wonderful boy!
4. Kvothe from the Kingkiller Chronicles - seriously, Kvothe is so awesome it's almost too good to be true!
5. Winnie the Pooh from the A. A. Milne books - I grew up with Pooh and feel like he will always be a part of my life!
6. Vicki Austin from various Madeleine L'Engle books - I really identified with her insecurities and her understanding of the world around her when I was growing up!
7. Rudy Steiner from The Book Thief - oh gosh, the Jesse Owens scene...actually this lemon-haired boy just steals every scene he's in.
8. Merlin from the Mary Stewart Arthurian Saga - I looooved seeing events fold from Merlin's eyes!
9. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice - this one should be pretty obvious!
10. Yelena from Poison Study - she can kick your butt plus she's super-smart...really well-drawn character (and a huuuge part of the reason why I loved this book).